The Sabbath is something that I have been researching for quite a while now. I've been studying it because I have read a lot articles and books about how the Sabbath should still be kept even now. I have found strong support for keeping the Sabbath and I have learned that Jesus always kept the Sabbath. Of course Jesus said it was okay to do work if you have to, such as pulling your animal out of a hole that it fell into. I feel that I should be keeping the Sabbath because it was ordained by God and it is actually in the Ten Commandments that God gave to Moses on Mount Sinai. In fact, it is the only one of the Commandments that describes God.
8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to YHWH your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days YHWH made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore YHWH blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
-Exodus 20:8-11
So even God himself rested on the seventh day after his creation, and he made it an eternal pact between God and man. That Commandment of keeping the Sabbath day Holy is probably the only one that isn't really followed by many Christians today. I have kept some Sabbaths, but in our American society, it can be difficult considering that you often have things to do on Friday nights or Saturdays.
Jesus, and his apostles after him also kept the Sabbath, and you can find support for keeping the Sabbath here.
I have also learned that Constantine made the day of the sun the holy day soon after converting Rome to Christianity. After a few generations, no one really noticed that it was on a different day. And there is in fact no support for Sunday being the Holy day except for the Roman making the holy day. It would appear that Sunday is just another corruption by the Catholic church. Well there's not much else that I can say about this, so if you have any thoughts or questions, or if you need or want more information, just post them in the comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment