Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Catholicism


Catholicism is today the most powerful branch of Christianity. It has centuries of history and has been involved in many events to happen in this world in the last fifteen hundred years. Roman Catholicism is based out of Vatican City in Rome. The story goes that Vatican hill is where St. Peter was crucified. Peter, however, was crucified upside down because he said he was unworthy to die the same way as his Lord Jesus. Peter was later buried on the site that he was crucified, and slowly over time, monument after monument was built on top of his tomb until now which is where St. Peter's Basilica is.
Catholicism has grown in power and has the most money of every religion on earth. Catholicism is filled with tradition and is very iconic and uses such things as stained glass windows and has many statues to commemorate saints and other important people of Christianity.
I am not a catholic though, but I do like the fact that they have such a long history. Honestly, I don't agree with a lot of Catholicism's traditions and customs, and I feel that a lot of what they do is not Biblical, but that's just my opinion. I would however, like to see that all historic documents be printed from the vaults of the Vatican so that they may all be available to the world and thus give the world more knowledge about a world that they know so little of. Th fact is that the Vatican keeps record of everything that it has ever dealt with, and they have all of these records preserved in their libraries and and vaults. Many of the items located in the secret areas of the Vatican are items that had a great value at one time but have now been forgotten. Lost works of authors and original copies of many famous works are located in the Vatican vaults. There is no real purpose to this post, it's just to bring up the fact that the Vatican has many secrets that it keeps from the rest of the world, and I think that it would only be fair if these secrets were revealed to the world.
If you have any thoughts or questions about what I'm saying, go ahead and post in the comments.

No comments: